Monday 23 January 2012

Manic Monday!

Seems like there are more days around here that are manic! Here's a project I finished a week or two ago. It's a woven rug I made using a moda bakeshop tutorial by Jera from Quilting in the Rain. It is very well written and easy to follow. I did end up with one extra strip? Not sure why as it's woven very tight, but oh well. Here it is.



On this one you can see the camo pattern under the drawer liner.
I used a heavy cotton denim for the base of this rug




It's made from a Summer House Jelly Roll I had in my stash. I think the colors are so fresh. I used black drawer liner on the back because that's what I had. It happened to be exactly the right width so all I had to do was cut the length. How handy is that? So now to get the nerve to actually step on it! This is going to be a birthday gift for a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love to hear what you have to say. Thanks for taking time!