Saturday 7 January 2012

I'm Addicted!

I'm probably a bit slow on the uptake, but I have only just discovered the Twister tool.
 Look what it can do.

I took my Hoopla layer cake and did this:


Then I took this


and did this:


It takes a bit of nerve to "destroy" a quilt top, but the end result  work in progress is worth it,
don't ya think?

Gotta sew this together and add another border. You lose about one third of your size when
you use this technique. I'd like to try the little twister next. Have you made any quilts using this tool?


3 comments:

  1. I've thought about the twister but decided I like having a single background color with my whirligigs popping out from it. Although, my local quilt shop had a huge Christmas tree quilt made with the Twister that was really awesome....I was tempted to join the class! Yours is looking very nice though...think I could easily be convinced LOL

    Visiting from Manic Monday link party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love how whimsically these quilts turn out. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the little twister and a couple Amelia charm packs I plan to play with. I am waiting for a couple yards of Amelia fabric to use as borders to arrive before I play with it. I just love how these quilts turn out though.

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear what you have to say. Thanks for taking time!